Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - '85 700r4 work in a 1990 k1500
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 11:09 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks for understanding guys.

Annyway, I debated whether to ask or not but what is an aux. v-body?

Update on my truck.. I used it today to move my car trailer, once the trailer was off I decided to take it up the street and throw in a couple powerslides (Minnesota = Snow). As I was going up the street (3/4 throttle) with tires spinning it shifted, however it shifted into 3rd (I was idling at 30mph). I drove it around the block a few times and it would consistently shift but at a very high rpm. The first things that I think of are the governer (which is out of the '90..) or the TV cable mis-adjusted. But with either of those it still wouldn't cause the jump in shifting would it?
~~~~
Also I had a thought earlier today, I still have all the checkballs and all the original valve body parts that came out of the '87 700r4 that's in the truck, based on what you've said about the various valve body setups used, would I be better off just putting the original valve body and governer back in or is it to late for that? The only reason I didnt do that originally was because the TV valve was very sticky in the '87 where as the '90 valve body wasn't, and again at the time I installed it I thought it was all interchangable so why waste time with the '87 when the '90 was perfectly fine.... whoops.