Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 85 camaro T5 transmission life?
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2005, 04:04 PM
tryn to learn

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

85 camaro T5 transmission life?

i have a chance to get a 5 speed trans from a 85 V8 camaro Z28 at the wreckers thats got the complete drivline and i can get the tranny/clutch for aproxx $100... everything pretty much to do with the trans and clutch.

but my question is whats the average life span one a tranny like these? the car has 315,550KM. the car does not run obviously because its in the wrecker yard so i cant test it out, the shifter feels pretty good but again hard to tell without it running. the car was not in a accident the body does look good besides some rust. but the rear window was smashed but looks like it was done after the car was at the wreckers. the car was fixed up a bit as in rear drums painted, flat black paint job, headers, intake, performance wires etc. the body looks pretty rusted underneath. so ethier the engine went or the tranny went or it just got really tired after the 315,550 KM for it to be in the wreckers.

can i get some of your opinions on if its still good? Thanks

Last edited by montea; 08-07-2005 at 04:09 PM.