85 chevy 400 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-16-2013, 08:13 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

85 chevy 400

hi guys im new here, i just picked a 85 chevy pick with 350 bored .30 over with fuel injection on rails. i want a big look and alot of lower end touque for a street cruiser not a daily driver. I love the look of a tunnel ram and a hood scoop. its should have sum balls but mainly looks. im lookin my dad gave me 2 tunnel rams 1 weiland and the other edelbrock. i got a mr . gasket 3 bullet scoop for single card the throttle body diameter will fit on the wscoop mount also.any advise on proper install, im not nascar mechanic but ive worke don cars my whole life. do yo see any huge potenial problems. i know tunnels are mainly meant for 3000-6000 rpm aprox. i got a smaller distubtor from a chevy my dad use to run on his weiland but hes not around to throw ideas against .. feed back would be great.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2013, 08:40 PM

put small edelbrocks on the manifold

all for looks
Old 02-16-2013, 10:04 PM

heres my thing i wana keep with the fuel injection, i want a little different look than most rat rods tha roll round town with a tunnel and a couple 390 or 600's on top. im 90% sure im gonna go with the weiland hi ram tunnel with the single on top cause it will work with my stock heads, i got a wicked mr gasket street scoop 2 with a bad ghost lazered etched in the top of it and the scoop is blued. i already got the smaller diameter distubtor my old man gave me, he used it in the edelbrock tunnel ram i also have so it'll work for sure, im not converting to carbs,i want injection so i gonna see this project thru some how, i know i would definatly benifit upgrading to a bigger cam and stall converter.. does anyone have a simple tips to help me with my project. ive built a few chevy 468 & one 502 rat motors with my father this is just the first project ive tackled on my own..any tips would be appreciated, i know alot more than just the basics, id more more than intermediete but not a professional. helpful hints from a local or fellow rodder would be appreciated.

and dont mind the grammer , i paye more attention in autos and woodshop
Old 02-16-2013, 11:44 PM

Last photo:

Well how about spelling? there's no L in Weiand.
The Following User Says Thank You to 327NUT For This Useful Post:
64nailhead (02-17-2013)
Old 02-16-2013, 11:51 PM

i was making a joke sir, but thanks sir.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:33 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow2010 View Post
heres my thing i wana keep with the fuel injection, i want a little different look than most rat rods tha roll round town with a tunnel and a couple 390 or 600's on top. im 90% sure im gonna go with the weiland hi ram tunnel with the single on top cause it will work with my stock heads, i got a wicked mr gasket street scoop 2 with a bad ghost lazered etched in the top of it and the scoop is blued. i already got the smaller diameter distubtor my old man gave me, he used it in the edelbrock tunnel ram i also have so it'll work for sure, im not converting to carbs,i want injection so i gonna see this project thru some how, i know i would definatly benifit upgrading to a bigger cam and stall converter.. does anyone have a simple tips to help me with my project. ive built a few chevy 468 & one 502 rat motors with my father this is just the first project ive tackled on my own..any tips would be appreciated, i know alot more than just the basics, id more more than intermediete but not a professional. helpful hints from a local or fellow rodder would be appreciated.

and dont mind the grammer , i paye more attention in autos and woodshop
Ayuh,.... It oughta Look Cool,....

But, I'm thinkin' it'll run like a Slug...
Old 02-17-2013, 07:36 AM

what if i milled a flatspot on the lower tunnel itself n welded a at each downtube custom mounting holes to install multi port injectiors..also.next time i go out to the garage ill shoot a picture of wat i got going on now and then throw me a few more pointers, that might help us figure this.and or im trying to think is there a decent way of making the volume inside that ram smaller , so it would boog out with to much air?

Last edited by scarecrow2010; 02-17-2013 at 07:42 AM.
Old 02-17-2013, 08:22 PM

get a dual tb fuel injection off an 84 corvette. You can also improve this by buying the edelbrock dry conversion..
so you have 2 BBIs on top that are now dry and drill and tap intake for edelbrock injector kit

Tags
tunnel ram hood scoop

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.