Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 85' corvette brake keep going out
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 12:41 PM
Gone fishin'

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners
Last journal entry: blah.......again
Wiki Edits: 2

85' corvette brake keep going out

alright this is on my 85' corvette that has disc brakes all around. About a month or so ago, my master cylinder went out. and the Brake light on the dash would stay on. Well I replaced the master cylinder and the brakes have been working fine since except for the warning light coming on every so often but the brakes worked fine.

Until today, I was backing out of my driveway and the brakes lost pressure and the pedal went to the floor and it wouldn't stop! Neither did the e-brake either, and with a car coming down the street only way I could stop without hitting the oncoming car was shift from reverse to drive (Yeah I know not good for the tranny )

So now I think I may have some problems with my trannsmission, but right now I need to figure out the brake problem before I figure out the tranny problem.

This was the first time the brakes lost pressure since I put the new master cylinder in. After I finally got it to stop, the brakes were working fine again.

Brad