86' 351 windsor rebuild help - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2010, 08:49 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

86' 351 windsor rebuild help

im trying to figure out whats the best combination heads/pistons/cam/intake/carb for the rebuild in my truck(86 f-350).
currently i have all stock parts and i got that whole great water in the oil situation going on so i know its time...plus the owner lied to me and said it was rebuilt but it leaked and didnt run right. i think the differential is a 4:10 gears, 4sp, 4wd if tht helps.
im looking to have more than the original 192 hp that the engine came with. this is my first rebuild and i just want to make sure i get the combination of parts right for about 250 to 300 hp...as budgeted as can be. but i wont cut corners. i guess imjust looking for some guidance. please help with any info: parts, prices, best buys or best places to buy parts. thanks!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2010, 09:00 PM

just a thought

Zannidave, check out Performance Auto Warehouse in CA. They have been extremely useful to me and my 351 Cleveland. I think the web address is www.pawinc.com and if that don't work for ya, do what I did when I felt lost and just google your motor. I found 100's of sites that contained information that was useful. Fortunately for you the 351 Windsor is a popular motor with plenty of aftermarket parts for you to build with. Keep on truckin'
Old 07-07-2010, 02:33 PM

Last photo:

Some early 351W heads would help you out quite a bit. Aftermarket heads would even be better. Make sure you get pistons to match the heads that you are using so that you can keep your compression down.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.