Hot Rod Forum banner

86 blazer leaking

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  gmmahieu 
#1 ·
my blazer is leaking water on both sides above the kick panels,after taking the hose to it, water over the top of the windshield is giving me small leaks at both kick panels, but when i hose down the hood front to back I get a little more than before at the kick panels and a leak abve the fuse box, now on a previous post it was suggested a windshield seal, well its 125 to have done and no warranty but a new windshield will give me a lifetime warranty and is only 25 bux more so I have that scheduled for wed, BUT, the fuse box leak won' tbe cured by that, again from the other post i was told that because my truck had under previous ownership had hit a deer and replaced the nose with an 90 nose, look at the cowl to firewall seal. well there ain't none, in checking it out, I pulled the cowl, but first just eyeballed it and sure enough between the cowl and the upper firewall under windshield there is no type of anything, just air, and where the back of the hood shuts to the cowl there is no seal and this is exactly where spary the water to get the fuse block leak. Any one know where I can get these seals, the only thing I have found is generic stick onn weather stripping from JC Whitney. Any help is great ly appreciated, this is the third blazer I have done and they say third time is a charm, well if it's a charm, it must belong to El Diable, The Devil.

#5 ·
Thanks for the advice

I would like to thank everyone for their advice, I found my issues were a little of everything, reseat windshield fixed some, as did a new hood to cowl seal and door weatherstripping fixed more, the last 2 were fixed by the last post with putting in the cowl seal which was not there at all. THANK YOU 1 AND ALL.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.