86 Monte SS universal brake booster mounting bracket, where can I get the one I want? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2013, 07:24 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

86 Monte SS universal brake booster mounting bracket, where can I get the one I want?

I have a universal brake booster and master cylinder setup (9") going into my 86 Monte. Offhand I think the booster bolts are roughly 3" apart (less than 4", exact distance doesnt matter for this question). The universal booster drops directly into the existing firewall holes as an exact fit, but, since the master cylinder is straight I need an ANGLED mounting bracket to level it all off.

Where can I find a chrome angled mounting bracket with the mounting holes for the booster AND firewall at the same distance? I want to just drop bolts through the bracket into my firewall instead of drilling new holes. I cant find a bracket that isnt smaller on the firewall side

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2013, 10:21 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

why are ou try'n to reinvent the wheel.. they came with p/b
Old 04-10-2013, 04:44 AM

Last photo:

I bought the universal booster without the bracket because there wasn't a bracket that matched my bolt holes. I figured I'd find the correct bracket later.
Old 04-10-2013, 05:57 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbahotep View Post
I bought the universal booster without the bracket because there wasn't a bracket that matched my bolt holes. I figured I'd find the correct bracket later.
might want to just get the correct booster+ bracket.. some have adapted the s-10 2nd booster..
I'd look here, and or ask here
MonteCarloSS.com Message Board - Forums powered by UBB.threads™
Old 04-10-2013, 01:14 PM

Last photo:

I tried there too. There's no correct booster for my setup. Nothing's stock. Brake rotors and calipers are different so I need the booster I have based on general requirements. Isn't that why we modify cars so we can deal with these silly issues? Lol

Almost any gm oem booster and master cylinder wouldn't require a bracket because gm was smart enough to offset the brake fluid reservoir height to compensate. The guys that make the billet or chrome master cylinders haven't yet figured this trick out yet
Old 04-10-2013, 01:48 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbahotep View Post
I tried there too. There's no correct booster for my setup. Nothing's stock. Brake rotors and calipers are different so I need the booster I have based on general requirements. Isn't that why we modify cars so we can deal with these silly issues? Lol

Almost any gm oem booster and master cylinder wouldn't require a bracket because gm was smart enough to offset the brake fluid reservoir height to compensate. The guys that make the billet or chrome master cylinders haven't yet figured this trick out yet
what are you running that you need this..
some are running c5 brakes on 2wd spindles and use g.m. parts..
is the fancy master just for looks??
I'd think any mashine shop could make angle blocks to mount the booster to level off your master.. then z the rod under the dash.. as the angled spacers would change where the rod came through. or put it at an odd angle..
will the booster run out of room before you get the master level??
good luck

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.