Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 87 s10 v8 conversion
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2002, 04:13 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post 87 s10 v8 conversion

My son recently purchased an 87 s10 project with a v8 (350) already in it the mounts are welded directly to the frame, we now have the engine running (started up). We put in a turbo 350 tranny and are now trying to set up a radiator and serpentine system as he will only bev running power steering & alternator. The first headache is that there are no boltholes in the heads. we have been told to run the serpentine system from an 89 s10 (4.3) and that we will have to use the reverse flow water pump as well. We have bought all the brackets, tensioner, idler and pulleys from the local chevy dealer. Can someone tell me that this will work before we start drilling the heads? Also, can someone tell me if the drive shaft will need any modification for this setup?
Plus we got a new vette radiator, which is 1/2" taller. will this present us with any more problems? If there is anyone familiar with this set-up and can give me any other advice it would be greatly appreciated!!