Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - '89 5.7 TBI stumble/dying on light acceleration
View Single Post
Old 06-05-2010, 09:21 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duntov
EGR was a surprise. I was betting on Bogie's direction. I've seen the replacement of worn injectors improve idle and overall performance and fuel mileage on that series of truck several times in the last couple of years. Now you can Ebay your extra ECM I've also seen some of those go recently. Should be a market for one, especially with your brief of the recent history on it.
ECM- I'm thinking I'll hold on to it as a spare, it seems they have some problems occasionally.

Exhaust- I think every Chevy truck in my home town has a performance muffler on it, I just couldn't believe it would be my problem (plus a quick chat with my favorite muffler shop that went like this- "blah, blah, blah" (me explaining problem), they said (and I quote) "what a load of *****, look for something else". Gotta love a guy that gets to the point!

As I searched the 'net for answers I found tons of posts in several forums dealing with this kind of problem but I had trouble finding specific testing info and what were good test results and bad test results. So I have tried to be as complete as possible with my descriptions of the problem and the things that were tried in the attempt to figure it out, hoping that it will help out the next guy who has a similar bug.

Thanks again guys!