Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - '89 5.7 TBI stumble/dying on light acceleration
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2012, 10:14 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

EGR? Where is it located?

A friend e-mailed me this thread after my problems with my truck recently. I love my truck but don't have a lot of mechanical experience. I recently had the fuel pump, fuel pressure regulator, and fuel filter replaced. Runs good in general, but when I take off periodically it has hesitation, almost like I'm in water. It doesn't happen everyday or all the time. After reading your thread, I'm beginning to think I need to check/change the EGR. My problem is knowing where it's located on my vehicle. When I do find it, can I clean it or is it better to just replace it (new or used). I bought it used last year and it's run great for me until last month. I originally replaced the parts because as I would give it gas it would bog down without quite dying, then I was able to feather my gas pedal back up to speed. Replacing the fuel pump etc. got me back on the road but now I am still having the same problem. PLEASE HELP! I want to try replacing the EGR, I just need to know where to find it and I need to know how to replace it. My truck is a 2000 Chevy C2500 3/4ton.