Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 89 GM TBI 350 - Quit Running...Where to Start?
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2007, 01:12 PM

Last journal entry: Shop Remodel Progress
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash70rs
Start with the coolant temp sensor.

If you have an ohm meter (or a multi meter set to ohms) Check the coolant temp sensor described by GMC Boogie.. I don't recall the values but I think somewhere around 10k at 70 or so degrees? Info should be available online.
If there a infinite ohms or zero ohms then its bad.. This would cause a flooding problem.

You can use the same method for the tps, hook up the ohm meter and the resistance should change as you move the throttle. You will have to look at a schematic to figure out which two to measure.

Something that recently happened to me that caused that symptom was a clogged fuel return line.. making the pressure sky rocket. I suggest checking fuel pressure as well.

That'll give you a few things to check at not cost..

Good luck! lets know how it goes!
I was going to get a code reader but this '89 C30 Step Van doesn't have an ODB1 port (that I can find) so the suggestions on manually testing the components really helps.

I've unfortunatley run the battery down and probably won't get to test anything today as its charging right now.

Thanks Everyone - this gives me some ammo to start with...