Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 89 Throttle body 350 rough idle and hesitation
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2012, 09:03 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

I don't have a meter to check the tps but i did the sensor off of another tbi truck that was running perfectly just so i could eliminate that. With the tps off of the functional truck it had the same exact issue so i'm led to believe thats probably not it. The spray pattern looks fine and the shaft has no play, i've even went around the throttle body with wd-40 and a hose listening for leaks, couldn't find any and i've long since replaced the factory plastic vaccum lines for old school vaccum lines and as for the egr it was taken off last week, its was nice and clean and functioning properly when vaccum was applied to it. I've been working on cars almost all my life so i've got pretty good problem solving skills but sometimes i overlook the little things and thats where this forum is helpful...I don't have a guage to check the pressure but i'm wondering if the fuel pump might be getting weak, but it seems like my problem would be a steady issue if that were the case. I miss having a carb and a few wires running everything, those were the days........Thanks for the suggestions though