Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 89 Throttle body 350 rough idle and hesitation
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 03:26 PM
Race The Truck

Last journal entry: Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab Truck
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by martee373
Thanks for the suggestions Chevytruckguy...I don't have any money to go out and buy a scanner or a manual, i have the basic Chilton manual which is pretty much useless in this situation. I put a motor in it last week so the 3 ground straps that go to the motor are clean as well as the body ground, i'm sure of that much. I'm going to checkout the fuel pump ground and the fuel pump itself and if that doesn't help I'm either gonna sell the truck or send it to the scrapyard, which will likely bring me more than I can sell it for.
Take a step back! That what I had to do on mine! autozone and checker have scanners you can use for free. In the manual you have they have the values you need. I have one myself before I pickup the shop manual off of ebay!!
So first you need to know is everything working correctly no trouble codes? don't assume! and don't just throw parts at it! My son's truck the egr worked but the port was all carboned up so it was not working! Remember the computer takes the info from the sensor and adjust the tbi!! Its a pain I know! The truck site is great for helping you through the process of getting your truck to run right!!