Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 89 Throttle body 350 rough idle and hesitation
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2012, 04:07 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

chevytruckguy, the autozone in town, which we just got about a year ago says they only have a scanner for 96 and newer. and i know the egr ports are open because i put the intake on about a week or so ago before i put the engine in the truck and both the ports in the intake and the head for the egr had some buildup but that was taken care of before it got put back together.

latech, there are no trouble codes to check and yes i know about pulling codes with the a jumper wire, thats how i've always done it i in the past but theres simply no codes to read but which oil sensor are you referring to that is in the circut with the fuel pump? When i put the motor in i actually had both unplugged, they're kinda outta sight out of mind and i simply overlooked them at first and the truck started just fine, coincidentally the oil pressure gauge in the dash pegs out as soon as you turn the key but i've got a manual gauge so i know i have good oil pressure. but which sensor is supposed to have that control?

Took a day of from working on the truck but i'll keep you up to date when i do some inspecting of the fuel pump wiring, and if i can find someone that has a fuel pressure gauge how would i go about hooking it up on this truck? would it screw in between one of the lines and the throttle body??