89 Throttle body 350 rough idle and hesitation - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine> Modern Electronic Engines
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-09-2012, 12:25 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

yup...this forum is helpful to an extent but people really don't read the previous posts to see whats been tried do they?

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2012, 03:03 PM
GearHead-EFI.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by martee373
Thank you EagleMark I already know hot to pull trouble codes with a paperclip or short piece of wire...but I have no trouble codes to read, the check engine light has been on once since this started. I don't have money to rent a gauge either so I have to do whats within my means. I have a sneaking suspicion that the fuel pump ground might be the culpret, I recall years back when I put a fuel pump in it that the ground wire had been spliced back together before I got to it and since the tank is empty its not much trouble to drop it. I want to inspect the tank and sock anyways to make sure everything is clean. I'll keep this post informed once I do that. I just haven't felt like messing with it the last couple of days lol
Quick check to see if fuel pump is running is a volt meter or just put your hand on tank and listen while someone turns key on, no crank and it should run for couple seconds then turn off. If not tap bottom center of tank where pickup is, key on check again. I have seen sock rot and fuel pump pick up fibers and lock pump causing burned/corroded connections in plug in tank on fuel pump.

If you have to replace pump there are chepies, spend and extra couple bucks for AC Delco or Carter replacement. Carter is my favorite and comes with new plugs, wires and usually a good sock.

There's usaully a ground wire from tank to frame, this too can be an issue, just take it off, clean it up and rebolt. Forget if this was stock TBI truck or conversion but conversion vehicles ususally lack good ground strap from frame to engine block, engine block to body. So on conversions it's always good to ground pump back to block or at least get good ground strap from frame to block...
Old 02-11-2012, 10:34 AM

How do I delete posts on this Forum? I seem to be getting the same suggestions over and over now! Makes things more aggravating lol
Old 02-11-2012, 04:17 PM
GearHead-EFI.com

If it's mine I'll delete it for you and stop tring to help?

But you say you don't have a buck to your name and want some help to fix issues, no volt meter tests, no fuel pressure tests, everyone is trying to help you with tips and tricks and your complaining and wanting to delete posts? you haven't even answered any questions on the tips and tricks given you?

EDIT: Sorry, I guess there's no way to edit or delete posts after time. Your stuck with all this free help!
Old 02-11-2012, 04:45 PM

Sorry if i hurt your feelings EagleMark but I"ve answered and responded to every question and suggestion i've been given...and i really do appreciate everyones help and suggestions but most of what you've suggested has already been suggested to me such as the ground strap going to the fuel pump and the ones for the block...the only thing i haven't replied about yet is what the condition of the ground strap for the fuel pump because i haven't checked it yet, as i stated in a previous post i have a sneaking suspicion that might be as because when i changed the fuel pump a few years back i noticed the ground strap had been cut and splice back together for some reason, it never concerned me becuase i never had an issues until now. So when i lower the tank to inspect it I'm going to go ahead and clean the mounting surfaces and replace the strap with a unspliced one...once again sorry if i upset you, don't get me wrong i appreciate any and all suggestions and i wasn't trying to be rude but the same suggestions over and over aren't necessary To answer your other post the fuel pump is working i can sit in the truck and hear it come on, the truck is an origianl tbi truck and all 3 of the engine grounds have been checked and the mounting surfaces cleaned
Old 02-11-2012, 04:55 PM
GearHead-EFI.com

No hurt feelings or upset just don't want to help if you find my posts inconveinent or going over a subject again. I know this system like back of my hand, converted it to many differant motors and even have a truck with one from factory I have owned 10 years.

But without knowing fuel pressure, having a scan tool or ALDL cable and laptop, or going over every possible sensor/circut with a DVM your running out of tips and tricks?

Recent Modern Electronic Engines posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.