Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 9" in a '65 Falcon, new shift rod for a top loader
View Single Post
Old 03-02-2007, 10:29 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

9" in a '65 Falcon, new shift rod for a top loader

i just started a project on a 65 falcon futura. Since we replaced the original 6 cylinder with a 302 we need to beef up the back end to a 9". Does anyone know of a straight bolt in to the falcon-- w/ 5 lugs of course. Also we installed a 4 speed top loader but the shift rod was cut off so we could install it in a hurry, can you just buy a new rod and install it without taking off all the connecting rods or will i have to weld it back on? also i got some more questions not about transmission and rear end but i will post just in case if anyone knows. Does anyone know which transmission tunnel cover to use out of auto krafters or Dearborn (they aren't helping) for the fatty hole we had to cut for the top loader. Also we wanted to convert the front into 5 lug but i heard instead of just buying new drums you have to buy new spindles and steering components. we have the spindles but does the steering need to be changed? Also the accelerator rod for the 6 clyn. is not right for the new 302, does anyone know if one out of a mustang will work? sorry about all the questions, just trying to get it straight. thanks.