Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 9" ford 5x5.5 drums to 5x4.5 discs?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2012, 06:55 AM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

stock axles 4.5

Depending on the width you want you might be able to use a bunch of stock pieces. some stock axles if you can match axle length to spline count. Ford 9 in have different axle bearing sized ends. the ones with what is called torino size are a bolt on for explores with the internal shoe parking brake, Mid 80's town car have lever parking brakes that use the calipers and I think they also are bolt on, same as explorer. . Disk brakes came on lincoln versailles 9 in rears, optional on mercury monarch. with the 4.5 pattern.. 70's lincoln continental optional with the wide 9 3/8 and 5 on 5, a regular size 9 pumpkin will fit into a 9 3/8 lincoln. I have put pieces to gether in a wrecking yard. Mustang 8.8 housing, Ranger 4.5 x 5 axles, and lincoln town car rear discs and calipers .
FWd Caddy and Buick rear calipers from mid 80's with parking brakes used to be part of some kits , I don't know if they will fit the brackers in the kit listed above.