Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 9" rear disc brakes problems
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2012, 09:59 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford engine specifications Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothale View Post
Ford did a lot of strange things, changes not always in documentation you can find, passenger car 5 X 4.5 wheel patterns on some light duty pickups in the late 70's early 80's, they did not sell many. I worked there as an engineer and tried to get them to let me keep My bookcase full of Mustang documentation I had in my office, some japanees car companies got confidential information, some people got fired and they were very strict about destroying things that would be valuable to restorers.
One of the many reasons Ford products can be 'interesting' to work with.

How well I know about design and trade secrets. We built heavy duty gas turbines. Several folks that I worked alongside, including the bosses boss were caught doing that. Some were walked out the door of infamy never to be seen again, some went to jail. All of my travel records were subpoenaed along with correspondence and my files. Then being investigated by the FBI plus the fact they questioned many of my international contacts - was not a career path aid.