Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 90 Chevy Truck Brake Pedal sinks after stop.
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2011, 08:54 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

ABS working or not?

I have never tested the 4WAL EBC-4 ABS system on my S10 Blazer since we bled the brakes. I don't even now if the system works because I never drive on wet or icy roads or on a gravel road where they could be tested. The EBC-4 braking system is supposed to do a "self-test" where you can briefly hear the motor run after you start the engine and drive a few yards but I have never heard my unit. The EBC-4 ABS 4WAL modulators are failure prone due to an internal relay that cannot be serviced. If the relay fails and sends continuous 12V to the ABS pump motor, the motor will continually run for a hour or two and burn out. I don't think you have a internal relay for a pump motor on RWAL brakes.

All I know is that I have a good brake pedal that will pass annual state insepction and that is good enough. When the state inspection stations inspects cars, they don't take the car to a skid pad and test the ABS on wet pavement.

Last edited by MouseFink; 07-20-2011 at 09:16 AM.