Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 90 Grand Am 2.5L Tranny still pulling when stopping.
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 07:00 AM
when will it rain???

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike 96 ws6
This car has been sitting for 2 years due to a bad coil and leaking front main seal.
I fixed the coil and seal and it runs and shifts fine, but when I test drove it on the interstate it seemed like the converter stayed locked and the engine stalled when I came to a stop (like stopping in a car with a manual transmission without pushing the clutch in). I cranked it up and shifted to 'D' and the motor stalled, several times. Then I cranked the motor and shifted to reverse and the motor stayed running so I shifted to 'D' and it returned to normal operation (although now it doesn't feel like the converter is locking at highway speed.
What to do now?
Thanks,
Mike
the 125 has had toque converter solenoid problems for years and is more than likely the culprit with the trans.
the easiest and cleanest way to go about it would be to drop the bottom pan and do a filter change, this will keep the the trans from leaking all over when the side cover is pulled to swap out the solenoid. and since it would be a good idea to service the trans anyway, that is why i suggest a new filter at the same time.