Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 90 Grand Am 2.5L Tranny still pulling when stopping.
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 08:42 AM
when will it rain???

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike 96 ws6
I replaced the bottom pan and filter with no problem = done.
Then I pulled the pan off the drivers side end of the tranny and only see 1 solenoid in there (I assume this is the TCC solenoid?) 14 photo's of my current situation with this solenoid can be seen here .
As you can see the solenoid I pulled out has 1 bolt hole to fasten it and one of the wires is much longer than the part I purchased from NAPA.. And the solenoid I received from NAPA has 2 bolt holes.
I assume NAPA gave me the wrong part but I'm not even sure I'm working with the correct solenoid?
What am I doing wrong?

by the looks of things, that is a "fitzall" brand universal lockup solenoid with napa boxing. it will work on both the 440t4 and the 125.
as far as the wiring goes, the short black wire needs to be cut close on the old solenoid and the wires need to be spliced so it can be joined to the new solenoid. the red wire can be cut pretty much anywhere you want as long as the the wire from the new solenoid can reach where you cut the old wire.
if i remember right, one side of the "tangs" that come on the new solenoid should be able to be removed for use on the 125.
theres nothing wrong with the solenoid you bought, its just going to take some extra effort to hook it up.
clear as mud? or did what i typed make sense? hopefully it makes sense and youll be able to get it going. if not, ill do what i can to help get it straightened out.