Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - #906 Casting Vortec Heads
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2008, 06:29 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

IMO if your building a street machine that is a strong soild engine and for fun and maybe a couple 1/4 or 1/8mi runs to see what ya got, no need to be afraid of the 906s. my buddie is in the office of a salvage yard, and the circle burners (stock car boys, mostly dirt, some asphalt) buy a lot of stuff from him. they aren't scared of the 906s. when the call for vortec heads, they buy the vortec heads in the best shape that the yard has at the time. they like the heads checked for cracks B4 driving and picking them up. there not after the head by #s. or most aren't. most of these stock car teams are building there own engines, but theres some world class record holders in the bunch too. I have a set of 062s but only because the price was right, I had a set of 906s I sold, just so I could keep a nicer set of heads in the best shape, and they happen to be 062s. and the 062s I got are in super shape and crack free, with a new set of comp 26918-16 beehive springs. others might say different.