Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 92 dakota and me not gonna have hair left
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2013, 07:29 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Things that make you go hmmmmm.....

Ok, so I finally got time to work on my project again. Pulled harness from 6 pin connector on drivers side engine to crank/distributor sensor, and all the tranny controls to visually inspect it. No damage visible. On the 5 volt side (pin 6) i get resistance reading to ground with the 60 pin disconnected until I unplug my vss (vehicle speed sensor). Then it drops to almost zero.... Soooo... I decided to plug the pcm back in, and try to start it with the vss unplugged.. No go.... I am still getting a 2 -3 second 12 volt pulse to coil and fuel pump on key up... And I am not supposed to get that... Anyhow... So I disconnected the 60 pin again to do more voltage tests... Guess what? The damn nut that holds the 60 pin came out with the bolt, and looking into the hole it left, there is mucho corrosion etc. falling outta the hole... I am convinced that I got a bad pcm outta the box....Will discuss this with the parts pro in AM, and have a new one ordered.... Will keep you updated....