Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 92 dakota and me not gonna have hair left
View Single Post
Old 01-17-2013, 05:40 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

IT's ALIVE!!!!

LaTech,
Thank you so much for you help. It is running now. Put in a another reman pcm, and it fired up. So I'm now backing out some of the parts .....sync sensor, coil, which by the way, had a 95 Cherokee in the shop yesterday, it uses same ignition coil, so hooked my original up and it ran fine.....So coil is not an issue...inspected my original crank sensor, it had some heat cracking in it, so left the new one in. I have one lingering question, knowing NOW what I didn't know before about this vintage Dodge systems... I am still getting a 1-2 second 12 volt pulse at the coil on key up... I don't want that to be what fried the original pcm, any ideas what to look for? Or should I worry about it? I thought maybe the pcm was getting some kinda sigbnal return from the sync sensor, so I unbunbled the harness from the pcm to the sync to make sure I didn't have a wire issue.. all is good... Now, I guess I get to use 2 or 3 rolls of electrical tape and put my harnesses back in order.... Fun Fun, Fun...
Again, thanks for your input...