Hot Rod Forum banner

92 GMC Sonoma shifting trouble 700r4

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Crosley 
#1 ·
I have a Jasper rebuilt 700r4, with around 75,000 mikes on it. It's in a 92 Sonoma 4WD with a 4.3 V6. recently I heard some type of noise, clanking when engaged, but not too wild. Now the transmission does not want to shift until much higher RPM than normal. It will shift, pretty sharply, into higher gears and it still has a slurring sound, not very loud or noticeable but it is still doing it. I took the inspection cover off and checked for anything loose around the torque converter but everything looked in place and tight. Everything is dry and nothing obvious. I'm sure this is simple to identify, but this is a low value truck with a ton of miles on it and I love it BUT I can't really afford a heart transplant for the old girl, and would really appreciate any advice, or troubleshooting that i may be able to perform to get it back on the road, safely and as low dollar as possible.
great thanks for any help.

#2 ·
check the TV cable at engine for proper hook up.

A 1992 truck should stil have a TV cable... although GM was doing some mid year changes on smaller trucks before the same changes hit the larger trucks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.