Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 92 silverado engine upgrades
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2013, 04:36 PM
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Originally Posted by Project89 View Post
while im a big fan of turbocharging , i do it on the cheap with mostly stocvk bottom ends , and havenever grenaded one. i would worry about doing it on a tow viechal as it would be under heavy load all the time, good intercooler and meth injection could solve the heat issues im worried about.

but m,y question is if i have to tow up a 5-7 mile grade eventually that intercooler is going to heat soak and at that point the meth can only cool things down so much

my camaro will be around 2.900-3,200 pounds + a small trailer so its really not much wieght but id still be afariad of it without getting atleast some forged pistons in the engine and i really really dont want to get that far into the shortblock.

on the other hand i do have the twin turbo kit off my iroc before i upgraded to tubular headers and twin 76mm turbos that would bolt right on.

at my altitude its about 4 psi of boost to get back to seal level air density so a 7 psi setting would give a nice boost back in power
I'm thinking not so much to make a high power engine out of it but basically restore the factory rated power. That and a small amount more if desired shouldn't tax the cooling system or driveline any more than it would operating it as the OEM built it at sea level.