Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 92 silverado tbi problems
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 11:33 AM
My pipes are my music

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqzbox
Take it and get it hooked up to an engine analizer for real time info and find the problem right off. It will be money well spent as you will probably spend 2-3 times the money throwing part's on it untill you find the problem. Finding your problem would be difficult for even a seasoned mechanic on a computer controled TBI engine without code readers and real time info data.
Your already down the price of a re-build TB kit and it's still not right.

Trust me on this, I've been there with my old 88 F-Bird 305 TBI.

Here's just some of the things I spent money on with it and after 5 yrs, it finally ran good till I crashed it into a gaurd rail at 50 mph.

Cleaned injectors
EGR valve
ECM
IAC valve
EGR control module
plug wires
plugs
fuel pump and filter
fixed vacuum leaks
external coil
rotor and cap
dist. module
TPS sensor

Turns out my step son who I bought the car from had a buddy that set the timing on it without disconnecting the ESC connector and had the initial timing set at 21 degrees retarded. I could have saved all that money had I taken it and got it looked at by a local garage who found the problem in less time than it took to hook it up to a machine. 50 bucks for the diagnosis and 10 bucks to set the timing is a lot less than a fraction of the money I spent thinking I could find it myself. good luck.
I forgot the o2 sensor. That's # 14 not counting the 60 bucks to get it right.