Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 93 dodge dakota no spark
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2007, 07:53 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

93 dodge dakota no spark

I got a 93 dakota for a work truck. Its 5 speed, 3.9L v6, extended cab, 4x4. Well the tail lights wernt working, but all the other lights were. A wire had a corroded apart right under the drivers door, So i spliced it back together and the work. Tried to start the truck afterwards and no spark. During the troubleshooting for the lights my dad swapped some relays under the hood to try to fix the lights while i was checking for power under the trucl He said he put them back were they went, i tried moving them around a few spots and still no spark. No i worked on this truck before, it had a no start problem with no spark. It turned out that near the battery there is a splice where 3 wires from the relay block go into 1, and the splice was bad. So i fixed it. Those wires were wiggled a bit during the troubleshooting but nothing major. Just to be safe i took the splice apart and twisted them together to make sure nothing changed, sure enough still have NO spark. I checked for power on the end of the splice, after they go into the 1 wire, and ive got power. I also welded a few exhaust hangers while i had the truck in my garage. We disconnected the negative off the battery beforehand. Did we fry and ignition module or something? Im a bit confused. Thanks in advance.