Hot Rod Forum banner

93 dodge shadow fuel pump

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  repair junkie 
#1 ·
93 dodge shadow 2.2L4 non turbo...I have no pwer to fuel pump. There is no fuse port in block for fuel pump. Alldatapro diagram shows fuel pump relay. This is in conflict with Haynes manual, which only shows 5 relays and actual car (5 relays). There is apparently no dedicated fuel pump relay. There are 5 relays in car...alldatapro shows sixth as fuel pump relay. Car was running fine until abrubt stop to avoid collision. Now there is no power to fuel pump. I have worked on many vehicles, but this one has me stumped. The wires to the fuel pump are grn/wht and a blk. The only other grn/wht wiring goes to a relay (by the book) for anti-lock brakes. I'm confused now. Even the mech at the garage said "just bang on the tank with a big rubber mallet, sometimes that works".

signed,
progressive headache.

#3 ·
To All
I have located the source of the problem. The fuel pump is energized by the auto shutdown relay, which is good. The auto relay shutdown is energized by the distributor. The distributor, which is not turning with the crankshaft, is not supplying voltage. I initially suspected a broken timing belt, as this also turns the shaft that turns the distributor. But, the timing belt was intact. Seems when the girl slammed on the brakes to avoid collision, the crankshaft key sheared. Nowhere in any manual is this represented (at least that I could find)

signed
repair under way

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.