Hot Rod Forum banner

93 GMC V6 with a odd 4L60E problem

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  93GMCv6 
#1 ·
I have a 93 GMC 1/2 ton truck with 4.3 V6 and 4L60E electronic controled trans. It works great for everything except it down shifts too easy, and to a lower gear than needed under WOT and revs too high before upshifting. This year still uses the Throttle Body Injection. Can anyone point me to a good information source for this setup. I do not see any throttle position sensor, or any thing else that signals the computer to what load is on the engine and if it is at WOT to control the shifts. I was looking for some way to fool it to lower the shift points at WOT which I am sure are well over 6,000 rpms. Odd problem wanting to lower them :) I bought it used, so no idea what has been done to it, but since it is just a beater, I do not want to tie up a bunch of cash into any chips, etc. It may already have one, and that is what is doing it. Any input appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.