Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 93 Suburban fuel pump
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2005, 08:18 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

93 Suburban fuel pump

I have 93 suburban 5.7l tbi engine, about 170k miles. The fuel gage has gradually gone bad such that only a 1/4 or so of gas is in the tank when the fuel gage registers 1/2 full. Recently, it refused to start. I messed around and convinced myself it's the fuel pump or lines or wires from fuel pump to engine compartment. (i dribbled a little gas down the intake and it starts right up. I checked that fuel relay is working and in-line fuse is OK. There is 12V on the wire after the fuse.) So, a couple questions. I believe the fuel sender and fuel pump are in the same unit in the fuel tank. Is this correct? Any thoughts on the fuel gage error and bad fuel pump being related? I'm wondering if there is a way to tell if fuel pump is bad or wiring to pump is bad without dropping tank. It doesn't look like you can get to any connections, etc. without dropping the tank. Any advice or experience in replacing fuel pump would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance for any help!
Ed