Hot Rod Forum banner

94 Chevy truck 350, any good?

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  matt167 
#1 ·
I know the early TBI swirl port head engines weren't much and the Vortecs were pretty decent, what were the 94s like? I've never driven one. I live up here in the great white (read that "salty") north where all the older bodies are rust buckets but have found a 94 from out west, just curious about the 94 engines.

#2 ·
Low on power, pretty good on mileage if not driven hard, good bottom end but the heads, intake and TBI aren't focused on performance and are difficult to move very far in that direction. L31 heads and a conversion to a carb with a muy grande cam really wake the LO5 motor up.

Bogie

#3 ·
Good motor. Even for towing. I hauled a 70 Beeper around on a trailer for a couple years when I lived in Alberta.
Usually knocked off 14 mpg (canuck galoon) loaded, 26 empty.

So you're coming out west to purloin one of our many rust free trucks, eh!!
Where's it at and where do you live?

#4 ·
Got a better look at it and decided to pass, too many things I don't like.

This one was brought over here (northern Wisconsin) by someone who doesn't want to drive it in the winter but is tired of storing it, so my hands are clean....so far anyway. My real preference would be to move me to the rust free trucks instead of them to me.....some day.

I know "great white north" means Canada to most people, but anywhere that you can get a "white out" from the salt cloud behind a semi truck works for me.

#6 ·
I am in Northeastern Wisconsin. What I really want is a 97-8 standard cab short bed V8 4wd. And just in case that's not fussy enough, nothing lifted, lowered, or otherwise altered. Oh, and I don't like step side beds either. Mileage is a lesser concern than rust, if the body and frame are clean and sound I can handle worn mechanicals. Don't want to go over about $7500.

#7 ·
I drove this truck up until last spring when the rust got too bad and the mileage too high and I traded it in on an 07 of the same style that I am driving now. I don't like the new one and want my old one (or one like it) back. The new one will go up for sale as soon as I find an older one.

If someone has something like what I want and would be interested in a trade + cash, that would be good. New one is a black Sierra SLE, 5.3, 4wd, 91,000+ miles. Very clean, nothing at all wrong with the truck, I just don't like it.

Attachments

#9 ·
#10 ·
I have a 98 Ext Cab K1500 350/5spd
Dead nuts reliable
Pretty decent gas mileage
Does not use oil
Rides nice
170,000+---------actually, pretty low miles for a south texas truck.
Can take it to airport parking and not worry about dents or scratches.
And aside from a transfer case failure a couple of weeks ago
darn decent truck
(Bought it out of a pasture from a couple in their 80s)
Had it 4 years now----best $2700 I ever spent.

Now----my Ranger (bought new in 05) is just a backup vehicle.

I'd probably buy another before I bought anything newer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.