Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 94 chevy truck maybe dist./ignition problem,please help!
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2004, 09:01 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

94 chevy truck maybe dist./ignition problem,please help!

HI everyone my name is Jesse and I am new to posting on this site,so bear with me,

I have a '94 chevy truck with a 350 in it. I have installed an msd 6a ignition and corresponding blaster coil. they have functioned fine for a long time probably 20-30.000 miles.I recently had a blown head gasket and so I tore the motor down to the short block and as I replaced the head gasket I also put a comp cams cam in it,along with the correct valve springs and new comp cams lifters.I got the truck all back together and it ran pretty good for about 600 miles or so,just a little rough,like I had a bad plug wire or something.
The other night I headed out for the eavining and I made it about 5 miles or so and the truck began to cut in and out about 4 or 5 times then it died and it has been dead in the water for two days now.I suspect the ditributor maybe because I have replaced the coil, the rotor button and cap and I have also ran through the testing procedure outlined by msd for the 6a ignition and it tested out ok so my problems must be elsewhere. In addition the tach was acting really wierd, jumping and bouncing and going up and down randomly obviously not in sync with the engine rpm.

I smell fuel and I don't think it is a fuel problem.I already had the fuel pump go out and it acted differently when that happenend. This is a very abrupt cut out like sombody just pulled the plug on me and the truck will not fire now at all. Has anyone ever had this problem before ? Any Ideas or suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.....Jesse

Last edited by bluesmanjesse; 10-24-2004 at 09:07 PM.