Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 94 chevy truck maybe dist./ignition problem,please help!
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2004, 07:48 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Hey everyone,

I got the truck running again with a new distibutor but it seems I have two problems. The truck still runs rough I have had the timing all over the place and it only produces better or worse but still bad running. Comp cams told me to time it between 10 and 15 degrees advanced. I have had it everywhere from 0 to 20 and it might run better or worse but never good. Also in the last day or two I have developed a wierd sound that sounds like sombody hitting the valve cover or exhaust pipe with a wood hammer or something it is a very odd sound that goes away after about 30 seconds of startup and whenever the engine is warm it doesen't make the sound at all,even on start up,only when its first started and cool. Also if I remove the oil filler cap with the engine running I have small puffs of what appears to be exaust gas puffing out. I have not had the valve covers off yet,it has been rainy here and I don't have a garage to get into right now. does anyone have any Idea what this could be? Any help is greatly appreciated I am in the middle of about ten disasters rigt now and this truck trouble is the last thing I need!lol Thanks in advance ......Jesse