Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 94 Dodge Transmission Electronics problem?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2003, 12:27 AM
Custer had it Comin'!!!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thank all of you for the replies.

I'd like to follow up on a couple of the suggestions with a few more questions:

1. When I "have it scanned", is this something that can be done at say Autozone? Is the main computer scanned, or is it the Transmission computer that gets scanned?

2. If the transmission computer needs to be "re-flashed", how is this done, and who has the "master" firmware? Is this like re-flashing a computer BIOS or PROM? Or is this something that must be done at a dealer or transmission shop?

3. Regarding what "Airworld" said about the MVLPS, I would not be afraid to attempt the repair. Someone on DodgeIntrepid.com also menioned the MVLPS. Unfortunately, on that site, the group is younger and usually resort to having repairs performed by repair shops, and no one was able to tell me where the sensor was located. The car and its problem have taken it out of being a "daily driver". Can you give me a down and dirty idea of what is involved because I do have to remove the pan to change the fluid and filter?

You see, I can either attempt this repair, or get back to re-building the front end on my son's Cougar, and that is a royal PITA...a real knucklebuster in this cold weather (ball joints and tie rods).

Thanks again good people,

Joseph