Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 95 350 tbi no start
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2012, 11:01 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

95 350 tbi no start

Hello all, here's what I'm dealing with, 95 chevy 2500 with a tbi 350 and a 4L80E trans. Engine was replaced along with TB, distributor, cap, rotor, wires, plugs, battery, and starter. All of the work was done by someone else and was done before I got the truck a couple of days ago. When I first started it it cranked right up with an "ok" idle, when I put it in gear I could tell the timing was wrong because it would ping an knock even under a slight load, so I babied it 4 out of the 5 miles I needed to go then it died and now is extremely hard to start if at all and will not idle at all. I've set the timing at 0 with the brown/black wire disconnected with no luck, the only engine related fault code I get is 43, the scan tool said "ks problem" I'm guessing the knock sensor, would this keep the engine from running? What else should I look for? The spark seems intermittent or incorrect, if the dist is set at 0 it doesn't even try to start, if I rotate it clockwise as viewed from the top (about 1/3 full rotation) it starts and runs fairly smooth as long as I keep the pedal down a little, let off and it dies. This thing has me pulling my hair out, any help would be GREATLY appreciated!