Hot Rod Forum banner

95 ford F-150 engine swap, Same Transmission fit new engine?

5K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Chazmac 
#1 ·
Gonna pull the old strait 6 out of my 95 ford F-150.. Can I use the same tranny? Will it bolt right up or will I have to change the bell housing?

#5 ·
Ford 300 6 cyl engine uses a small block bolt pattern on the bell housing. You have to have an engine that fits the bell housing.

Check crank shaft pilot on the torque converter for correct size to fit the replacement engine. Check bolt pattern for the flywheel to torque converter stud pattern.

:cool:

#6 ·
Trans is an E4OD and will bolt to the small block V8 pattern. This trans requires computer control to function correctly. The computer is calibrated to the truck in factory trim. To make this trans work as designed may require a stand alone trans controller, esp. if you are going to use a carburetor.
Exact engine info is REQUIRED for a comprehensive answer to your query. Right now all any of us know is that physical mating can be acheived. Operation of the trans remains in doubt.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.