Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 95 tbi problems! will not run!
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 01:15 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

95 tbi problems! will not run!

Hi, I'm working on a 95 tbi 350. And it will not stay running for the life of me!
I have re-timed it, replaced the fuel filter and an injector.
It will start up and fire for a second and that's it. It is getting fuel and the injectors spray just fine, I thought it was a vacuum at the tb and intake, so I replaced that gasket.

I also checked the regulator, and the spring looks good and is not broken or not-springable

If Iconstantly spray a stream of starting fluid in the tb, it runs and idles just fine.
If I give it gas and pump it, it will run, but very crappy. And as long as ipump the gas it will try and run.
I have also drained the gas and put new in, could have a little old gas in, not too much though

The codes its spitting are: 12,33,34,42,43,53 or 54 (though Iunplugged a few sensors and what not) (MAP)
It has spark and all the plugs are good, and the ecm is also good. The fuel pump kicks on and runs fine as well
Has anyone else had this problem?
I've been reading some forums and I'm thinking its the fuel pressure, but how can I tell??