96 impala SS Code P0140..Help!! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2007, 09:21 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

96 impala SS Code P0140..Help!!

As the subject says I'm having a p0140 code pop up on my 96impala. Here is some recent history on my car; I just had my transmission replaced that also required a new computer. From what the tranny guy told me was that most 96 GM vehicles had grounding problems with the computer that required a wiring harness upgrade, as mine did. Thats why my tranny went bad in the first place, computer bit the dust and not controling the pressure in the transmission burning up the clutches. So I had a wiring harness upgrade to fix the grounding problem with my computer and a new computer which also required the dealership to flash the new computer. Ever since I had this tranny work done I've been having this p0140 code(limited activity HO2 bank 1 sensor 2) popup. I have this scantool program that I run on my laptop that lets me see all of my sensors in real time. It shows the all 4 HO2 sensors reading just fine which is why I dont know why I am getting this code. I did have a fuse blown in the fuse box under the hood which I replaced; it was the EMI 20amp fuse. I looked at the wiring diagram for my car and that EMI fuse is tied in with my bank 1 HO2 sensors so I can see why it was throwing that code but even after replacing the fuse I am still getting the p0140 code. Is there a chance that when the dealership flashed my new computer something went wrong and is causing the problem?? The car doesn't run any worse than it did before but I know if I am getting a code like this it is killing my fuel milage. I hope I have explained this well enough and someone is able to shed some light on the subject. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2007, 12:04 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

02 Sensor CKT No Activity (Bank 1 Sensor 2)

hhhmmm.... when a fuse goes out it means it is shorted out somewhere
and did u check the voltage on the connector?what was the voltage?
also did u bust out ur catlytic convertor on it?
Old 01-20-2007, 03:58 AM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

reset the codes, right now, it's just going thru a systems check on it's own, the light will go out eventully on it's own, it basicly has to prove to itself that it is ok, b4 it clears itself.

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.