Hot Rod Forum banner

97 Z28 Automatic transmission

2K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  M&M CUSTOM 
#1 ·
does anybody know off hand which automatic tranny was in the 97 Z28?? thanks

-Matt

#4 ·
I knew it was one of the two, isnt the "5" version just an internal upgrade to withstand more torque?

I know the FWD 4T60E needed an upgrade to it's internals for installation behind the supercharged versions of GM's Coupes and Sedans including the Grand Prix GTP, Impala SS, Monte Carlo SS, and Bonneville SSEI, even though the net horsepower rating was for only 40 more than the next lower offering.

#6 ·
Crosley works on transmissions for a living, and is the main member in here that seems to hang around, especially since he is a moderator.

I have learned a lot from him, and I can really only identify and swap automatic transmissions, I have rebuilt a few manual transmissions, but have never been inside an auto. I know more about swapping them and working on and in transfer cases and axles so I might have some amount of use around here too. What I don't know I try and search the 'net for to give the best answer I can while learning something more along the way.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.