!970 Corvette brake problems - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 01:11 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

do you have the screw in style pistons for the e-brake in the rear? if so you may have to adjust this first before you can bleed them I have ran across this same problem when you screw the pistons in on the rear to put the new pads they have a tendency to stay in that case adjust your e-brake then bleed if you have the seperated e-brake with the 4 piston caliper it is a pain too make them come around in that situation I would suggest using a pressure pod and force bleed them

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2012, 03:42 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

Your just spinning your wheels IMHO what you need to do is un-hook the front brake lines at the M/C and plug it off and then start bleeding the right rear , what i did was opened it up and let it gravity feed and it didn't take to long to get there you can open both the rear at the same time if you want, and once you have it to both rear wheels, hook the line back up to the M/C again for the front and bleed them. JMO and if that don't work you will probably still have to plug the front brake line connection to the front brakes and go to the distribution block and check it there and get fluid to the rears. Then put the line back in the M/C for the fronts and bleed them. JMO Hope this all makes sense.
I have been there done that. but once you get it flowing to the rear the rest is a piece of cake. And also just to add i really don't think your 70 has a screw in pistons on it either should just press in IMHO. Or mine did anyway. Hope you can understand what i am saying to do if not just ask and i will try to explain it better ok.

Cole
Old 08-02-2012, 04:19 PM

Done with the brakes on the 70

Guys,
thanks for the input......no screw in pistons....Vettes don't do it that way.

I believe that I have it under control. I'm taking up too many peppople's time on this stupid brake thing. I've had vettes since my 1956 up to now and this is the first issue that I have had. I have a pile of vehicles and a dragster and pro-street and other NHRA qualified car but never had issues like this.
So.....I set it on fire and went to sleep.......not really
thanks again for the help
Old 08-02-2012, 06:57 PM

I have a '76 with 'O' ring pistons and use DOT 5 fluid, which is a pain to bleed. The best method I found is to use 'Speed Bleeders', the ones with the check balls. Works for me!

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.