Hot Rod Forum banner

98 ford contour wont start

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  T-bucket23 
#1 ·
:confused: hey guy im working on a 98 ford contour just recently i installed a an engine drove the car for about a month and the transmission blew so i dropped the engine and trans back out installed a new trans and put everything back into the car now that everything is back together it wont start when i hit the key the starter clicks but doesnt turn the engine over ive checked my grounds several times turned the engine over with a breaker bar inspected the flexplate and everything seems to be fine i dont know what else to check if anyone can help i would greatly appreciate it i just put a brand new starter in it also thanks

#2 ·
Sounds like a bad starter.
We had 3 starters in a row, for the same 6.0 ford diesel that were defective . That was a few months ago. Drove me nuts. I checked everything , and replaced battery cables...etc etc etc.
Got a starter from a different supplier, started right up.
The clerk at the parts store treated us like we were idiots and told us the starters were fine. Probably put them back in stock.We dont buy parts there anymore.
Just sayin yo.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.