99 Chevy Silverado- how to save weight?
Just went to the truck scale last week and weighed my Full Size 99 Chevy
Silverado swb regular cab...... the verdict??.... 4100 pounds with me in it..
I weigh about 180.....
I need to know a few things...
1. MOST IMPORTANT... I am looking for sources for fiberglass body parts
I DO NOT!!! want a cowl hood... is anyone making plain stock
replacement hood, fenders, doors...from fiberglass...my internet
searches have been unfruitful..... please only recomend GOOD sources
that will bolt on without fabrication...website info would be a plus
2. Would like to see what simple but effective and low buck ways you
guys are saving weight.... break out your trick ideas and send'em here.
3. What about fiberglass bumpers.... anyone making them??? Tailgate??
4. Have any of you made your exhaust pipes from lighter material than
steel..... where did you get the material..how much did it cost..
5. Favorite lightweight wheels??? Favorite lighweight seats ??