Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - 99 Chevy Silverado- how to save weight?
View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 07:31 PM
I am the Antirice

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by KYLEdallas
All my vehicles perform.... but I don't think Im going to respond to anything more here than what I've ask for and haven't gotten.... lightweight parts sources..
Nothing I'm preposing is difficult..overly time consuming..or expensive..
I do exhaustive planning before I move... I gather alot of pieces from Ebay and the new ones I need...my planning and gathering might take a year plus..
usually have the bulk of my projects knocked out in 2 weekends with help from 4 or 5 friends.... I wrench for them on their stuff...I get them to help with major sections... I finish up on smaller details..they will help with engine and if I decide to give my truck a fabbed alluminum bed floor... that too..
Chevy shortwides have a pretty good service life... some outlast their owners...body style on mine is nice enough to remain poplular I'm sure..I like all the old shortwides except 73-80...back to the 30's... don't see any reason not to set it up how I like it now....3 of my friends work on Airplanes... the quality is always top knotch..

Well, you're dropping a lot of good info and contacts for info if you dont post and leave, but it's up to you. This site is a very special site for a lot of people and their hobbies/careers. Every one of the tech forums on here is full of some of most knowledgable and helpfull people you meet. You will find we get into intricate convos more then just answering some guys post blindly. With this comes a lot of questions to figure out what you're doing and suggestions to maybe rethink the plan. I'm sure you know a good bit too, but it will never expand if you dont take in what others are telling you. We explained that we knew the theory of power to weight ratio, but also you were told by people that have been doing collision work on that vehicle that it's not going to work as easy as you think, far from it actually. The more openminded you are to new perspectives on things like this, the more likely you are to succeed, pick the best one, or make a combination of them and make an even better one.

But to get to answer your question from origonally, no, I dont and I dont think anybody else on here will know where to get factory panels made out of glass for your truck, regardless if it adds weight also.