99 S-10 Engine Placment ????????? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2003, 03:19 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Question 99 S-10 Engine Placment ?????????

I have a 99 s-10 that i have just installed a 350/350TH. I need to know how to get more traction i think the motor is to far forward. Can anybody out there help me with this. The rear end is locked trans has manual lockout valvebody and kevlar clutches the motor is slightly hopped up with eagle crank&rods ross forged pistons world products heads sportsman 2's airgap intake&hedman headers.Soon to come 150-250 shot of nos. Any info will help cannot find any parts for 99 model s-10's with this swap not even motor mounts.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2003, 04:33 PM
Kid With A Wrench...

Last journal entry: The Blower and test fit.
Last photo:

Do you have any type of traction bars set up back there?
Having the motor back farther would help out, but since it's already in and running, I would look at other places to add traction. You probably know this, but slicks/street slicks help out. Here's a site that I got off this board for a custom and inexpensive way to make your own traction bar. This is what they look like:

And here's the site that tells you how to make them:
http://www.hotrodsandhemis.com/traction1.html

Try posting a new thread in the suspension forum about getting traction in your V8 S10. There's a few guys on the board that have done this swap, and even one with a turbo/prostreet. They would probably be of some good help too. Good luck!
Old 08-21-2003, 04:37 PM

Last photo:

Thumbs up

Bullit 99'
Welcome to the board, its good to see a fellow S 10 enthusiast! I am in the process of transplanting 350/350 turbo from my 82 long bed reg. cab S 10 into a 95 extended cab S 10.The motor was left stock when it was put in the 82 , but it ran real strong.I never had traction problems once I put 15 inch 8.50 x 31.5 rubber on the rear. I'm kicking it up a notch for the 95 starting with a tranny rebuild that I'm working on during the mornings when it's cool. Ive upgraded the belt system to the serpentine system with p/s and air cond. from a 2000 4.3l V6. On the 82 I made frame mounts with flat plate steel welded to the frame. I put older stock motor mounts on the engine and bought a set of steel Chevy hi perf mounts that I turned upside down and bolted to the stock mounts. Using the stock trans mount for front to rear position I lowered the engine down and aligned the entire driveline and welded the steel mounts to the steel plates that I had welded to the frame.Everything worked great, I put over 100K miles on that combo before the Michigan road salt Killed the body. On the 95 I'm using frame mounts from Summit because they came with the truck when I bought it from a guy who didn't want to spend the time to finish the project he started. While the Summit mounts don't say they are for 99's I bet it wouldn't take too much massaging with a hot wrench and a 7 inch grinder to make them work. Good Luck with your project, You'll love it when its done
Old 08-22-2003, 12:13 PM
v8s10.org

Last photo:

Get a set of 2.8 S10 frame mounts and a set of JTRs V8 to 2.8 adapters. Even though the 2nd gen trucks never came with 2.8s the mounts will still bolt up.

Try www.v8s10.com and www.v8s10.org

Here is some traction bar plans for a S10.
http://www.v8s10.org/gallery/view_ph...=traction_bars
http://www.v8s10.org/albums/album02/trac_bar_mounts.jpg

Last edited by V8 S-10; 08-22-2003 at 12:13 PM.
Old 08-22-2003, 02:42 PM

Last photo:

Hey Bullit 99,
Here is a picture of a 1999 S-10 with a 454, what do 'ya think?
Vern
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	june 11, 2001 (5).jpg
Views:	246
Size:	100.0 KB
ID:	190  
Old 08-25-2003, 09:08 AM

Talking 99 S-10

Thanks everybody for your help in this matter. I'm going to try some traction bars and see what happens. It is lowered 3f 4r but it looks like they will still work.That 454 looks damn good I want street and strip mostly strip. I am at work but thanks again for your help gtg.

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.