Hot Rod Forum banner

99 s-10 lowered suspension question

846 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Bobberaz 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 99 s-10 2 wheel drive, and I just realized it has been lowered. I would like to raise it back to the stock hightand stance. How can I determine if drop spindles and/or drop leaf springs were used,or just short springs and drop blocks. I'm hoping fixing it is just a matter of connecting the stock brackets on the rear end and replacing the short springs with stock ones in the front. Will I have t reset the wheel camber ? Thanks for any input.
Brian

#2 ·
briansansone said:
How can I determine if drop spindles and/or drop leaf springs were used,or just short springs and drop blocks. Will I have to reset the wheel camber ?
1) Look at the rear end and see if blocks are in between the rear housing and the springs......

2) Most after market spindles do not LOOK like the GM stuff.....and the springs would be shorter.

Find a 99 S-10 like yours ..........to look at and make a good comparsion.....got to be lots of them on a car lot.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.