Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - ? about DCR for my 350 sbc
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Yada Yada Yada

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetmaster42
Thanks for the link (gregb) It tells me that im atleast within range, and if i wanted to change out to a set of 180cc Dart Iron eagle 72cc heads milled down to 70cc i believe would yield 9.5:1 cr should'nt hurt me much but might be better.
The 180cc Dart Iron Eagles are a inferior outdated design when stacked up to the comparable competition. They don't flow well
for a 180cc port head. They are not like the newer improved Dart Platinum/Pro 1 series 200+cc ports. There is no improved 180cc "Platinum" IE head. Pick a better 180ish cc head. Every other popular 180cc head and many smaller 170ish port heads flow better than these heads in stock form.

The Intake port only flows 208cfm @28". Thats weak for a 180cc port SBC head.
Thats why you see them advertised for cheap(er).
Nothing against the Dart Cylinder Heads in general. It's just that these specific heads are a bit of a dissapointment.
It takes a good bit of hand porting to get them up to what the other competitive 180cc heads flow in "out of the box" form. Now the port is 180cc++ volume.
You might as well start with a stock or "S/R Torker" or "S/S" head and port them.

If it was my engine I would Fully port your WP S/R torker heads and mill them to 68-69cc chamber volume. They respond very well to this.

Last edited by F-BIRD'88; 03-12-2008 at 04:57 PM.