Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - ? about DCR for my 350 sbc
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2008, 11:12 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by F-BIRD'88
The 180cc Dart Iron Eagles are a inferior outdated design when stacked up to the comparable competition. They don't flow well
for a 180cc port head. They are not like the newer improved Dart Platinum/Pro 1 series 200+cc ports. There is no improved 180cc "Platinum" IE head. Pick a better 180ish cc head. Every other popular 180cc head and many smaller 170ish port heads flow better than these heads in stock form.

The Intake port only flows 208cfm @28". Thats weak for a 180cc port SBC head.
Thats why you see them advertised for cheap(er).
Nothing against the Dart Cylinder Heads in general. It's just that these specific heads are a bit of a dissapointment.
It takes a good bit of hand porting to get them up to what the other competitive 180cc heads flow in "out of the box" form. Now the port is 180cc++ volume.
You might as well start with a stock or "S/R Torker" or "S/S" head and port them.

If it was my engine I would Fully port your WP S/R torker heads and mill them to 68-69cc chamber volume. They respond very well to this.
Point well taken The S/R 76cc heads i bought could only be milled a total of .021 which was on the spread sheet that came with the heads. I had them milled .007 because they needed cleaned up, yes they where whorped. So if i do anything i'll just get another set of bare castings with 67cc chambers, and have them ported.