Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - ? about dome piston's
View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004, 10:24 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

? about dome piston's

Got a ? about useing dome piston's. Now some say that it's not good to use them in a street motor, and i thought i've read something about dome piston's some time ago but cant remember much about it. But did'nt the factory put dome piston's in some street motor's way back when, like the 283's and the 327's? Just curius about how high the dome has to be before it really start's to mess up the flame travel, because the dome's on my piston's are only (.125) high witch is about an 1/8 in. tall (It's just a little *****) LOL. A new set of KB flattop's are gonna cost another 2 bill's witch is not with in my budgit at this time. So if some body would please tell me (What's it gonna hurt ) to run small domed piston's on the street. A little run down on my set up ( 350 sbc board .030, .010 deck height, .041 head gasket, 76cc head's, Speed Pro .125 popup domed piston's with a piston volume of -3.5 and should yeld just under 10.0:1 C/R. (Please Advise)