Hot Rod Forum banner

???about exhaust pipe on 2.2 s10

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  SSedan64 
#1 ·
was wondering were the exhaust pipe bolts to the exhaust manifold ,about 4inches of the pipe is made of some kind of flexable material,and it is leaking, can this part be replaced,or will i have to replace the whole pipe,it runs from the manifold to the catalytic convertor.
Thanks Robbie

#3 ·
Robbie said:
was wondering were the exhaust pipe bolts to the exhaust manifold ,about 4inches of the pipe is made of some kind of flexable material,and it is leaking, can this part be replaced,or will i have to replace the whole pipe,it runs from the manifold to the catalytic convertor.
Thanks Robbie
working with exhaust for the last 22 years my answer would be yes you can replace just the flex if the pipes are good and you have some welding skills...the is there to relieve tension from engine vibration or movement, A common cause of failure is BAD MOTOR MOUNTS...Make sure to check them...

#4 ·
motor mounts aint the problem,blown head gasket is,after taking the head off i saw were it has been leaking at,and were would i buy this part at,(dont tell me ebay :) )
Malibucass said:
working with exhaust for the last 22 years my answer would be yes you can replace just the flex if the pipes are good and you have some welding skills...the is there to relieve tension from engine vibration or movement, A common cause of failure is BAD MOTOR MOUNTS...Make sure to check them...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.